Monday 9 March 2009

What a day!!

ok so I guess I should really write about my dentist experience first lol...

Murray had the day off work and asked if I had called the dentist to make my appointment yet... the dentures had been paid for since before Christmas lol...no...I hadn't made an appointment, I kept forgetting!! So he grabs the phone and calls them...they say "oh wow. I just got off the phone to someone who had to cancel! does she want to come in today at 11am?" OMG! REALLY!!!??? OF COURSE SHE DOES!! so that was it... We got there, I went straight in and Murray took Oscar (the baby I now babysit three days a week!) to his grand dad's shop to wait for me. First I had numbing gel put in where the following needles would be jabbed...actually they weren't jabbed, the dentist was quite gentle thankfully. a lot of needles later and my entire face was numb!! there was the usual pressure, which doesn't feel like PULLING of teeth! It felt like they were being pushed into my brain! One tooth had a very long root...so long it actually made what they called a 'communication' between my gum and sinus...yep...I had a hole there, so when I rinsed my mouth with salty water the next day it went INTO MY NOSE! OUCHIES!!! and soooo annoying!! It has healed over now, but the dentist said if I need to sneeze from now on I have to just let it rip...I can't stifle it or it could do a lot of damage EEK!! I always stifle sneezes....this should be fun...I haven't had the urge yet thankfully! That same tooth also broke and had to be taken out bit by bit...as one bit came unstuck I noticed a spot of blood on the dental nurse's forehead that had suddenly appeared...the bit had got her right between the eyes when it flew out...I felt bad but it was hilarious at the time, we were all laughing. Apparently the first time it has happened to the assistant but twice for the dentist LOL!! After all the teeth were out I was blessed with the most beautiful new teeth I'd ever seen...I wanted to cry. I finally felt gorgeous! My face was still fat and numb but I didn't care, I knew I could smile and not be self conscious about it. I had to get antibiotics because I'm a smoker, AND because I have a hole in my heart AND for the communication...I HATE antibiotics - you may or may not (being female ;) ) will understand why!! GRRR!!
So there it is.

Oh and then we won $1100 on the pokies YAY!!!! First time for everything I guess lol

Yesterday was FABULOUS!!!
We left here at about 7am. Mum came to be with the kids. Went to the tattoo shop (Extreme Ink at Woodridge, for those interested ;) lol) Then went on to Morgan and Wacker in the city...It was a V-Rod ride but we all tagged along anyways hehe...we lost the group though because we got bored really quickly with having to go so slow lol...as you can see by the following pics boredom can do funny things...



And then Murray had to stretch his back...not that he doesn't put his feet up sometimes anyways! lol...(BTW look at the speedo!!! It reads over 200km/h!!!! hahaha...but anyone who knows about these things would know to also look at the revs..uh yea...well clearly I doctored the pic just for laughs LOL...then I was too lazy to change the rev needle lol)

Here's another couple of pics for your viewing pleasure...






We stopped along the way at pubs and servos, for drinks...Aratula had a cool ...er...'Chain saw' on the wall - I couldn't resist taking a pic...

We went to a little pub in Boonah (I think it was Boonah) and won $400 on the pokies!!! YAY!!! our day was paid for and then some!!!

Well that's about it for now....take care...till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx