Wednesday 12 September 2012

Gnome doors!!!

Just a very quick one today.

I have been sanding, painting and re-sanding pieces of old pallets to make signs. LOVE the yellow and blue together! Then I made a stencil by printing the letters (actually, BUSH on one A4 sheet and WALK on another, was sufficient sizing) stuck it (with stupid glue that either sticks permanently or not at all! Grrr I couldn't find the glue that has a 'temporary' stick option :( *sigh* ) not to worry - then sprayed on the black spray paint! Am so so happy with the result! Not a very bushy colour - more like a beachy one BUT I care not!! I have four more signs waiting to have words painted on them, we will put these up through the bush along the pathways... and maybe pointing to the gnome homes...

I built a door!!!

Ain't it cute?! This is what I used for the handle...
Remember the cabinet that was broken, and I took all those beautiful hinges off the broken doors?? well I KNEW I could use them somehow!!! LOL

I am excited for this weekend, when I build the gardens surrounding the trees. Plural, yes... because I found this too, and have seen online (apologies I do not remember where exactly, but I searched for 'gnome homes' and saw it - it's a no brainer - glue on a draw handle (or small door handle) and hang a name sign, or nail on some gold letter box numbers!! so cute!!
I started a fairy garden a while ago also but haven't taken any recent photos yet ...
So that's it for now :)
Take care!! Have fun!!

EDITED to add a better photo of the Dolfroli's door (that was a name generator name we chose LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx