Sunday 23 September 2012

My very own Pinstrosity!

I found this blog Pinstrosity On Pinterest funnily enough. And haven't laughed so much for a while! And then I realised, I had my own Pinstrosity. Unfortunately I can't find the original Pin though, It has been removed... But anyways, it was a video of two girls cutting a bottle to make a drinking glass using just string, nail polish remover and lighting it up, then plunging it into cold water VOILA! Then obviously you need to sand the sharp edges etc. OK I can do this I thought... yeh right! I will admit I was too impatient to wait to get the remover - I didn't have any, and now that I have I haven't tried it... and probably won't either!  Later in this post you'll fin out why. But because we didn't have nail polish remover I used kerosene... that burns hot but slow right? hmmm....
Here was our very first attempt...

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
 that's tops!! BAHAHAHAAAA
ok try again...and again... and again...
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

OMG!!!
So then I found another video of an old man who uses a jig to score a line on glass then heats over a candle then uses ice to crack the glass along the score line. OK I can definitely do this!!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Yay! success!! LOL.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

 Jut a shame I wasted so many Corona bottles on the stupid string thing!! We don't drink beer often so I need to tell my friends that do drink it to save me some bottles! The green bottle was a wine bottle, and my partner reckons it feels like drinking out of a jam jar haha so maybe that will live it's life as a small vase LOL

I will make a new post for my other recent goings on.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx