Saturday 22 January 2011

House

Wow what a holiday season! Drama drama drama!!! TG it's all over and we can all go back to our normal routines! I know that may seem mundane but I like order and I am actually learning to stick to the routines I create LOL.

This house is starting to come together too. I've cleared the gutters from the front of the house...just have to do the rest of it. It has plants growing in it...guess it is time I did it?? We've only been here for about four months and I know that's heaps of time for us to have done it...but seriously these gutters haven't been done since the birth of Christ!! There is beautiful topsoil in there though, so I will have pots ready to be filled I think!

I really like that we have tidied up the front part of the house. It's pleasant to be greeted by prettiness when one comes to visit :D
This was the state of it... before I'd cleaned the gutters. I had to dig through the gardens to make trenches, so the water wouldn't come into the house!!

A right rotten mess it was!!! And it was getting me down...so last weekend I got out of bed and made a coffee then got to work!!
this is the result of about 10 hours work here!!
Murray was working for the morning then he came home and mowed the lawns. Then when I wasn't looking (lol) Murray layed the pavers. They had been randomly put in the gardens as potstands...they looke dreally good in their day...but their day was over!!!
Here are some more 'before shots'






(in the last pic, the three pavers are lifted up so I chould drain the water from the other side of the garden!!
Pretty uninviting eh???
I read somewhere that one's pathway to the front door should be a direct line, because the Chi flows way too fast...rather it should be curved...ok so mine isn't curved, BUT I will eliminate that by placeing a round pot in the corner where the pile of pavers are in the pic (when I get one!!)
This is the progress pics of the path...




OK so what about now??

and here is the pavers Murray laid...

The following pic is taken from the same place as the FIFTH before shot above!! big difference eh? lol


Ahhh I'm so in love with the progress here. Obviously it's not finished quite yet. Our bedroom is the last set of French doors (right of the front door) and it's all kinda messed up still...btu I'll get there once the kids are settled at school :D

Please leave me a comment :D I like comments !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx