Thursday 9 August 2012

DIY projects are filling my head!!

So the yard is juuuuust about done HOORAY!! Murray did a lot of work today I could do a great deal because I had slept awkwrdly last night obviously and had kinked my neck - so painful! Getting a wee bit better now TG!
I am sitting outside right now and there is a breeze blowing. I cannot believe that I am not even a little bit cold! It's actually a warm -ish breeze... in the last month of Winter! Perfect! My chimes a re tinking nicely too - never did it before where they are hanging was being blocked by all that greenage we have chopped away for the sole purpose of letting the breeze through - IT WORKED!
I am wanting to make one of these -

it's a 'rain chain down pipe' - an alternative to a down pipe rather. There are a few DIY instructables on the web that I've been stalking. Should be fun - should I ever source the materials for next to nothing that is! LOL.

Another DIY project I am going to begin tomorrow is my laundry. Yes, I have one, and yes it is n a major state of chaos! I am so over it... I need to open that damn cupboard pull everything out and start from scratch. One of the shelves actually bulged (they are only cheap ass chipboard shelves) because I didn't realise that water tank for my carpet shampoo-vac LEAKS!!! so a whole four litres of water dripped into the shelf it was sitting on unbeknownst to me until a few days later... so yes, it needs to be pulled out and REPLACED!! I have some wood here I'm sure that I can do that with.
I have been looking at laundry makeovers (google image searching) and gosh there are some very simple nifty ideas out there that I could do all by myself... But I'll be nice and let Muz help me hehehe - might have to con him into teaching me to paint too seeing he can't see very well anymore :( my poor darling! At the moment I have my dryer on top of my front loader washer ... I want them side by side with a 'table top' over them. then shelving on the wall. I want to put my laundry liquid into a drink dispenser like this...
how good would that be?! BUT I just know there would still be spillages grrr.... I'll tackle that issue if I come to it hehehe

Here are some pics (I guess I should have done this at the start of the post?) This first pic is the day we started hacking away at hte ferns. They had over grown by at least a metre past the garden edging (which I discovered... had no idea it was even there!) 
I also discovered a nice set of rocks right in the middle! What a find! I left them right there because I knew I had someone who would LOVE to sit there...
BUDDHA!!! lol He is much happier here than in the back yard being covered by ground cover!
To find it thought I had to get rid of all this...  All those Jasmine roots!! OH EM GEE!!!! that thing was EVERYWHERE!!!

This is down at the far end of the house... yes there IS a house to the left of the pic LOL. Before we hacked down the traveler palms and banana plants...

This is after the traveler palms were cut down (all bar one - need help with it as it leans over the house EEK!) Big mess to clear away!! Banana trees are still up - believe it or not there is a shed behind there way down the back!

All cleared away, see the shed?? lol.

This is what it looks like right now. Beautiful! OK, so maybe the banana plants have to be cleared away yet LOL But it's almost like a clean canvas screaming to be decorated! Going to put in some steps and landscape it a lil bit here and there. It will look so lovely!! And the best thing? There'll be sooooo many less MOZZIES!!!! YAY!!!!

Ok that's it for one day. Till next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx