Tuesday 14 August 2012

Oooooohhhh crafty stuff!!!

OK, so I haven't got pictures ready to post... but I made a picture froame and I really wanted to share it on my blog. It's not quite finished yet...

BUT I have got pictures to share of my laundry room (also unfinished but will be finished by the weekend YAY!)
Right, so I didn't take before photos because it was so shameful, but in hindsight I probably should have.... one shelf was about to fall out - because it had gotten wet and we know what the good old chipboard does when it gets wet? Yep - swells and falls apart!! I think I mentioned this in my last post, the reason it got wet... Anyways. I have been trawling Pinterest , as you do, and was inspired! Not by any one particular site or idea... just trawled for hours and somehow ideas kinda gravitated toward one another and I started painting.
I had 2 old bedside tables in the shed... one of which was accidentally run over in the carport (long story) and so was thrown out. this left me with one bedside table and SIX drawers. I took three drawers... and a brush...and Gesso (which I recently learned FYI is in fact pronounced JESS_OH :) ) and two Kaisercraft tubes of acrylic paint...
First I had to clean the drawers... they were a tad dusty and had a spider living in one of them...

I decided I would only paint the fronts of them for now. The place I had in mind for them, it wasn't really paramount that all sides and insides were painted.

Now I'm pretty rough with some projects. Sometimes I am a bit pedantic and 'perfectionist' but other times it's liek 'Meh..whatever. That'll do" LOL.

Painted them. It did cross my mind that I should really take the knobs off and paint them in the opposite colours... but his was definitely a 'meh' moment!  After the paint dried I sprayed them with a quick dry clear, just to try an prevent chipping for a longer time...

Ta-daaa
You see, I needed some kind of storage solution.I didn't want to go out and spend money on plastic tubs when I knew there had to be a way to use what we already have here in the shed.

So then, you can't just have pretty painted containers at the top and the rest be... well, BLERGH! Right?Because my gorgeous Muz is a painter - he had some left over paint I could use. I told him he can't watch me paint! I was at it for about an hour and had only painted the left side...once! He came and asked if I wanted him to do it? I said no thank you! UT ... he took the brush and showed me how a tradey painter paints... OMG I mean I've watched him paint many many hours over the years but man... he painted one of the sections in the right side in about 3 minutes! I watched carefully and tried to copy his way. Not as good as him (of course !) BUT I ended up painting at least three times as fast as I had before LOL!!
 Finishing touches...
Muz screwed in a rod to the right wall for me to hang spray bottle cleaners from. I am yet to make some kind of tags for the drawers. All in all, I am stoked with the new look in the cupboard! Not sure yet if the doors will be painted o the inside .....

Next part of the laundry - I have put my dryer and front-load washer side by side. Dad is waiting for the measurements from me, he is going to build me a bench to go over the top of the washer and dryer. Muz has painted the ceiling and is going to paint the walls for me too (too big a job for me!! and although he is ill, at least he can take his time painting his own place ;) )

Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed ... stay tuned for more to come :) Feel free to comment or ask Qs :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx