Saturday 4 August 2012

It has been a productive week...and it's not even close to over!
We started pulling out the mother-in-law tongue and king ferns from the front corner of the house. We felt it just was too damp all the time in our bedroom and the gorgeous breeze we get never came through those ferns! Oh boy what a job!! We have been hacking away at it for nearly four days and now it's a matter of clearing away all the garden rubbish now. Lucky we have a huge yard - have plenty of room to build a compost heap. Murray went nuts with the chainsaw too - cut down a few of the giant bird of paradise - there is one left but not sure how to tackle it - it leans OVER the damn house! EEK! I'm sure we'll work it out.
In front of the house we have a gorgeous maple tree that is being cut down!! YAY!! yes I love it but I will love it more gone - to be honest I am totally over the leaves every year! filling the gutters in the beginning of Winter then we have the fire going ? leaning the gutters is tough enough in the bush but if we can minimise the job we'll take it! I can't wait!
Another few full days of work and we'll have the place looking fabulous for Spring BBQs!

I have lately gotten a new addiction... I have been trying to avoid it like the plague but I just couldn't resist any longer... Pinterest!! OH.EM.GEE!!! I could sit for hours just looking at the wonderful craft ideas and another of my favorite categories is the gardening section - getting some great ideas for our newly cleared space - would love to landscape it somehow. 

We went to my Mum and Dad's today so Murray could paint their kitchen before they arrive home from overseas. It had an awful red wall and to make it worse - it was an OIL based paint! so it had to be prepped then painted in a lovely light coffee type colour (Dulux 'Tavern' to be precise ;) ) And wow what a difference it has made! The kitchen is so much brighter now, I'm sure Mum will absolutely love it! I did a little bit of pruning too, and my brother has mowed the lawn (I am assuming it was my brother that did it *shrug* ) it looks really good. I washed the kitchen curtains too. Hopefully my nephew (who is house-sitting) will do a good clean up - my parents are arriving home TOMORROW NIGHT!!! I will pick them up just before midnight :) I can't wait to see them - Dad's been away for 8 weeks, and Mum for 6, we all miss them so much! My Dad's mother is ill. She is 88 years old and had taken a fall and broken her shoulder, they are not going to operate (for what reason I am not entirely sure) and she was also diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few years ago and dementia is beginning to set in. She doesn't always know who my dad is - even though he is her only child. It's very sad. They say she will never be going back to her own home again. I just hope she isn't in too much pain - they have her on some pretty good painkillers I would imagine.

Well that's about it for the day. I am starting to read a few diferent blogs lately and am getting a bit more into it, so it may just be that I start regular updates here. Not sure how interesting they will be but I will attempt to make them slightly entertaining!

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx