Saturday 25 August 2012

Stoned! and tomorrow's plans

Not in the drug way...ew.

Today we went to Bunnings - two weekends in a row WOOHOO!! I needed... NEEDED!... unsanded grout...to make chalkboard paint. Pinterest again! I am going to make a lovely board for the front of our house tomorrow. The chalkboard paint thing actually works - not that I had doubts, but it is always nice to do it yourself and have it WORK!

So of course I had to do some 'brrrrraaaaazing' (anyone who watches Kath&Kim will know I mean 'browsing' LOL!) and my 8 yearold son is into building things from wood lately as well, so he scored this...

He was onto it as soon as we got home, and I reckon he has done so very well. He didn't need a great deal of help either! So proud of him! His Pappa (my dad) helped a little tiny bit at the start and then his dad helped a wee bit later on... but mostly he wanted to do it himself. He is painting bits and pieces but not all of it he said - it looks 'cooler' awwww. $15 is not a bad price to pay for something like this. And my guess is it will be looked after better because he built it. YAY it's a win-win here!

I scored a bag of clear 'stones' which are just glass obviously, but I KNEW i could do SOMETHING with them...
I am not good with wire really (even though I bought some in the hopes to make a rain chain - yes I'm still thinking about it LOL) and besides that, my pliers seem to have taken a walk to god knows where!  So I decided I'd try painting the 'flat' side of the stones... just to see the effect...and WOW! I think they look pretty cool!

Not sure where their final resting place will be yet BUT for now they are in a bowl with other rocks...






So tonight I am very hyperactive and wanna craft... but I have this awful toothache! I have taken painkillers which will no doubt keep me up and hyper!
Till tomorrow when I post the pics of tomorrow's craft adventures!! Be happy and get your craft on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx