Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nearly finished and starting a new project!!

OK, So Here is my craft room, as it is now, all
finished .



Ok, so then I felt compelled to buy a jigsaw. Inspired (obviously!) by Pinterest! I wanted to cut out something from MDF. So off to Bunnings - got a jigsaw - $34, and two pieces of MDF for around $7 each. I have started... I printed out the letters H O M E and transferred them to the MDF... then went and made a messy noise in Muz's shed!





Not perfect but neither am I so, meh!

Painted the letters first with gesso (not sure if that's a 'normal' thing to do but it felt right LOL)  Then painted the letters orange...


Murray cut the backboard for me with his little circular saw (I'm too scared to use it yet) The back board was painted grey (same grey as another project we started today!) The edges of the letters I have painted silver. Hopefully it all looks good once I stick it all together.

The new project we have started is this...
This is the 'sleep out'. It currently houses a whole bunch of stuff - my cutting table, my sewing machines, and a couple of cabinets and tables. Then thee is a lot of junk too. This however is half of it in the photo. My 15 year old daughter wants to have her own room in our place (she is living with her bio-dad at the moment) . She originally waned to kick  her sister out of her own room to have the big room. Not an option and not fair to our 13 year old daughter! And the small room at the back of the house (the only 'spare' room we have) is not big enough and doesn't have a door to the outside world like the three rooms along the front of the house. OK so we decided we would transform the sleep out/ Half for me because I am not getting rid of my machines and tables for anyone! And the other half for her. We will be putting in a new wall and a proper ceiling - as you can see in the photo it is not lined with gyprock, and so is more like a 'shed' than a room. The floor has been painted - that's the first step of the project. My dad is going to help us build it in. My daughter reckons it's still too small for her, I told her to chill out and just wait till it's finished THEN decide what she wants to do. She is like me though - when it was full of junk (we have already done one dump run - an old couch and other 'dead' unusable furniture in there taking up space unnecessarily! ) It certainly seemed small to me too, now it is HUGE! MUCH bigger than her sister's room for sure. She has to see it before she makes that call that she doesn't want the room... because if she doesn't want it - it will be transformed into a nice area for entertaining (and a built in bar... MAYBE - I want it to be a guest house.... we'll see who wins that 'conversation' hehe....)

NOTE to self - if using a 'hurricane lantern' with plastic not glass windows in it... make sure that the tea light candle is sitting straight!!! Or this may happen...
THE PLASTIC MELTS! HELLO!!!! oh well - it actually looks pretty cool now...like curtains LOL - see even accidentally I can make art!!! HAHAHA!!!!!


One last thing before I leave you, I painted this Welcome onto a planter we have at the front of the house. 

My mum didn't believe I painted it but I did I really did! I printed the word, then used carbon paper to transfer it onto the planter then sat in the dirt, in my PJs to paint it! That's how hyperactive I am - I don't even have time to get dressed in the morning before I start on my ideas! *sigh* oh well - there is a washing machine I can use *pokes tongue* 

Till next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your messages! thanks for taking the time to comment!! xxx